Hi friends and family,
Just a little update from Rome, Italy. The first day we spent recovering from jet lag at the Romulus Hotel in Salaria. Day Two: We went into downtown area of Rome, and got to visit Vatican City. It was so beautiful, I fought back tears when we visited the Sistine Chapel! We weren't allowed to take pictures in the Chapel, but it was amazing. We did lots of walking, took the subway (Metro) a few times, and a train. We ended the day with a visit to the Hard Rock Cafe Rome.
Today, day three, we are staying in the main center of Rome, near Vatican City, literally next door to the Vatican. Vatican City is HUGE! And beautiful.
I digress...today, as I was saying, we are staying at Residenza Risorgimento. It is beautiful, our room has lots of replicas of Michelangelo's paintings, the one over the bed is the Creation of Adam.
I will update more on our trip later.
No comments:
Post a Comment